Assistant General Manager, Sales
Company information: We’re assisting our client – the world’s leading luxury retailer catering to the traveling public, in looking for a talents for the post of Assistant General Manager, Sales as following detail:
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER, SALES
Work location: Ho Chi Minh City
Report to: General Manager
Salary: $4,000 – $4,500 + 13th month salary + commission
- Objective of role:
The Assistant General Manager (AGM), Sales is a key business partner to the General Manager at store level. They are responsible for delivery of the Company vision of exception people delivering exceptional product to customer. They ensure their team of Product Sales Managers (PSM’s) are fully focused and effective in their role as a key link between the global merchant team and customer, striving to continually improve team and space productivity in their assigned brands or categories. The AGM Sales is responsible for their PSM’s achieving sales and productivity targets while, upholding the company’s luxury brand image through managing the performance, morale and development of the sales team.
The AGM Sales is a member of the senior team responsible for crafting, leading and delivering approved location specific strategies aligned with the execution and achievement of Company targets, strategic goals and initiatives.
- Key accountabilities:
- Drive Store Productivity & Service Experience
- Prepare and execute approved store productivity plans that achieve or exceed customer penetration, spend targets and grow market share.
- Lead your PSM’s to work effectively with Global & Division Merchants to execute the merchandising strategies in each of their areas. Ensure each PSM is fully conversant with their strategies and relevant brand, assortment, collections knowledge and effectively communicates this with their sales team. Coach, train and mentor each PSM to communicate effectively with their Merchant via monthly conference calls and email.
- Drive the local promotional calendar with the Global & Division Merchants and Marketing teams. Effectively communicate and execute the Promotions in store as scheduled and agreed in the calendar.
- Ensure your PSM’s communicate both opportunities and issues to merchants, with opportunities communicated directly to the Merchant Managers and Planners 6-12 months ahead of time.
- Lead each PSM to take proactive steps to increase their team sales and continuously improve individual productivity of each of their team members.
- Partner with the General Manager for effective utilization of the PSC team for your location to maximize sales productivity and support delivery of exceptional customer service experiences within your location.
- Active involvement in Lease Brand Business relations: positively contribute to leasing relationships, supporting strategies and tactics to build the lease business and seamlessly integrate the teams into the location. Liaise with merchandising, marketing teams and brands as appropriate on PSC events, training, mystery shoppers, store layouts and expectations on customer service experiences.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with joint venture partners in your location and ensure strong communication links are maintained in store. Drive delivery of consistent customer service levels across your location.
- Maintain keen awareness of competitor movements and activities.
- Participate in sales forecasting as requested by the General Manager
- Works as part of a team with your local senior team, Business Development, Group and Corporate Finance on the development of proposals for both existing and potential locations as/when required.
- Key management participant in redevelopment activities for your retail location as/when required
- Team & Service Management
- Effectively communicate company overall objectives and how the PSM and sales team are critical to driving the achievement of company vision, store sales targets and strategies for those objectives. Ensure PSMs have clear goals and objectives which remain focused on the customer experience, increasing productivity and the product through their relationship with the Merchant Manager. Review performance on a regular basis.
- Create and promote a positive work and industrial relations environment in line with corporate values, employee related policies and practices and local environment considerations. Responsible for PSM and sales staff retention, staff development and job satisfaction levels. Provide effective team leadership through open communication, training, coaching and active encouragement of PSM’s and the sales team to meet or exceed location sales and profitability targets, while role modeling desired behaviors.
- Ensure a development plan is in place and actively reviewed for each of your PSM’s. Work with your PSM’s to identify future potential PSM’s and Team Leaders and ensure development plans for this talent
- Partner with your General Manager and Talent Management to ensure a succession plan is in place and actively progressing for your location as appropriate.
- Take corrective action to improve unsatisfactory performance, in consultation with your General Manager and Talent Management, adhering to local TM requirements. Ensure your PSM team do the same.
- Lead, coach and train your PSM’s to ensure your PSM team is consistently growing in skills, confidence and effectiveness in their roles. Includes ensuring PSM’s proactively coach their own staff with a focus on enhancing the customer experience and delivering the organization vision of exceptional people delivering exceptional product. In addition to service levels this includes the sales team’s continual improvement and refinement of sales techniques and product knowledge, and effective translation into customer penetration and staff productivity results.
- Prepare and deliver performance appraisals providing relevant and specific feedback. Ensure your PSM team members do the same for their staff.
- In collaboration with your General Manager, Corporate and local Talent Management teams, identify, implement, and monitor outcomes from individual and team development programs delivered. Provide feedback on training effectiveness to the relevant training delivery manager. Ensure participating staff have pre and post training discussions at your location, with action plans made where appropriate, to actively reinforce practical application of their learning.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of your location management team, Team Leads and sales staff as required. Ensure recruitment interviews are conducted in a professional and efficient manner. In collaboration with Talent Management, up skill PSM team in recruitment techniques for quality talent selection and ensure adherence to company related policies and local legislation.
- Store Presentation
- Work with Store teams, Merchants and Visual to execute store presentation and promotional activities.
- Ensure consistent execution and maintenance of internal and vendor’s Visual Merchandising directives in line with required standards.
- Ensure that the workplace is safe, with the premises and behaviors of employees not imposing risks to the health and safety of any person. Ensure systems or procedures are in place for risks to be identified and reported by any staff member, appropriately and promptly assessed, and to be actively addressed noting compliance with any relevant local legislation.
- External Networking
- Actively participate in corporate charity initiatives, local community and government activities to demonstrate Company’s commitment to the local community in both business and social senses.
- Actively promote the organization brand and a strong positive professional image at all times.
- Complete internal reports and participate in various projects as/when required.
- Communicate with your General Manager, Assistant General Manager Operations, Talent Management, Merchandising, Marketing and Global CSC teams on relevant store issues.
- Manage team compliance with all company policies and procedures, Customs regulations and relevant trading laws, raising any concerns or issues to your General Manager.
- Perform any other duties as requested in a diligent and conscientious manner
- Educational background: Bachelor / Master degree in Business Management or equivalent
- Working experiences:
- At least 5 year of Sales and Marketing experiences in Retail, Fashion, Beauty or Spirit industries at the senior management role
- Candidates who have experiences in Merchandizing planning and execution including assortment/ price/ promotion are preferable
- Required capabilities and skills:
- Demonstrate as a positive thinking , energetic and enthusiastic leader
- Demonstrate as a strategic thinker and inspirational leader
- Focus strongly on result delivery through strong engagement and communication with multiple stakeholders
- Able to conceptualize the situations, analyze key issues, propose solid solution and lead the execution with high attention to details and commitment to deliver agreed KPIs
- Good listening skills to deeply understand the complex situations from senior peers before arriving at the decision
- Obtain a high learning agility from senior peers’ experiences
- Show a high degree of integrity and confidence with a strong sense of business/financial acumen
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure with multiple deadlines
- Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
Interested candidates, please send your most updated CV in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or kindly contact Mr. Quynh at 0938 257 118 for further support.