Area Sales Manager
Company information: Our client is a Singaporean retail specialist specialized in distribution of luxury products. In order to expand the business in Vietnam, they are now in need of an Area Sale Manager in Hanoi as below:
Area Sale Manager
Work location: Hanoi
Salary: $1000 – $2000
- Objective of role:
- Handles full operations support for Hanoi
- Key accountabilities:
- Day-day management of sales and operations.
- Drive results for retail team to achieve monthly and yearly sales target.
- Accountable for the P&L and operating budget.
- Complement and double up the Brand Manager role in all operational aspect of daily activities.
- Provides leadership and direction to own & operated stores to drive KPIs, maximising the Company store performance by mentoring and coaching the retail team to increase sales and efficiency.
- Support Brand Manager as the “go-to” administrative support when he/she is not available.
- Manage the overall roster planning with Store-in-Charge (SIC).
- Update sales staff of new initiative and SOP stipulated by Company headquarter.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, and operational SOPs are aligned with the Company guidelines.
- Report daily operational issues and performance, and consult change to the Brand Manager to obtain continuous improvements in the business efficiency.
- Be a counselling peer to retail staff whenever in lieu of the Brand Manager when the retail staff is unable to raise the issue to him/her.
- Participate HR activities like recruit, hire, promote and retain talent.
- Identify and manage learning and development opportunities to grow quality sales staff through intensive product & service training.
- Coordinate with visual merchandising team in developing and training Company Visual Specialist.
- Wholesale / Sub-franchise
- Provide support to assist sub franchisee to increase their sales and to improve their marketing initiatives.
- Identification and report on possible opportunities and challenges to maximise overall sales and operational performance.
- Check on their inventory on a monthly basis to analyse the stock movements and provide assistance to reduce their stocks which are high in inventory quantity
- Work with marketing team to plan out sub franchisee’s promotions and events to bring better recognition of the brand in the region and so facilitate better stock movement in terms of sales, not excluding the expectations of the Principal to fulfil sub franchisee’s yearly marketing expenses and active promotions
- Ensure sub franchisee receives all updated VM guidelines and adhere to the guidelines
- Ensure sub franchisee uphold the image of the stores, as per the Principal’s standard by maintaining the VM and cleanliness of the stores on a daily basis
- Be communication channels between sub franchisee and Company headquarter to ensure all information and directions are update and executed.
- Visit the stores on a regular basis to ensure smooth operations and highlight issues to be rectified base on observations, in terms of operations, VM, marketing and service standards
- Work with trainer to ensure customer service standards and product knowledge are maintained at a high standard, as per the Principal guidelines.
- Coordinate shipments from Principal to sub franchisee. Ensure shipment process is smooth, ensure payments are settled and liaise with sub franchisee logistics department to provide information of the shipment and to inform the respective department (VM, Marketing & Sales and Operations) of the incoming shipment
- Sales Reporting
- Update sales on store level, for Hanoi on a weekly and monthly basis
- Provide KPI report on store level for Hanoi to Company headquarters and to PAP
- Assist Demand Planner/Merchandiser
- Assist in forecasting and replenishment of stocks for Hanoi stores
- Assist in POS and VM material orders
- Assist in creating Purchase & Sales orders for the Hanoi region
- Assist in coordinating shipments for all orders for the Hanoi region
- Collate defective items from stores and shipments and decide if repair is required or items are to be written off.
- Decision making:
Without referral to manager
- Coordination with VM for development and training of team
- Coach and mentor staff performance with assistance of SIC
- Prioritization & delegation of tasks within assigned tasks
- Monitoring the obligation fulfilment of sub franchisee
- Liaising with respective departments to collect required data
- Providing necessary support to sub franchisee
After consultation with manager or others
- Performing counselling on staff performance
- Resolution of decisions which involve or impact company
- Implementation of processes/ changes to SOP
- Agreement with sub franchisee that was not preapproved
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and analytical skills
- Experience in retail
- Effective time management & prioritization skills
- Meticulous with an eye for details
- Resourceful, fast and efficient and able to work independently
- Fluent English
Interested candidates, please send your most updated CV in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you need further information, do not hesitate to contact Ms. Hani at 0909 987 027.